A referral is required to access the physiotherapy service.
If your injury is covered by ACC, you will need to meet our entry criteria to the service.
We only accept referrals for individuals who meet one or more of the following:
- A Community Service Card holder
- Have a referral from a consultant or specialist
We accept referrals for hand therapy, pain programmes, activity programmes and serious injury clients.
For non ACC patients, a referral is required from your GP, specialist or other Taranaki DHB health professional. We also accept referrals from external agencies such as independent midwives, Access Ability and support group field officers.
All referrals are prioritised by a senior physiotherapist and you will be contacted as soon as an appointment becomes available.
What to expect
On arrival to your initial appointment you may be given an optional health screening questionnaire.
Your first appointment will usually take 30 minutes, and up to an hour for more complex cases such as neurological rehabilitation. Your physiotherapist will take a thorough medical history, assess your needs and discuss your treatment goals.
You can help us by:
- Wearing comfortable and appropriate clothing
- Bringing important information with you, such as ACC details, X-rays, medication lists and reading glasses
- Letting us know if you have any particular cultural needs
You are welcome to bring support people with you.
Tuesday, May 22, 2018