Sexual Health Clinic
The Taranaki DHB Sexual Health Clinic provides a chance to talk privately about risks and fears. On site diagnosis AND treatment for all people of all ages.
FREE confidential advice
The Taranaki DHB Sexual Health Clinic is still open during lock down and providing free and confidential advice and treatment.
However starting from Monday 6 April opening hours will be:
Tuesday and Friday only – 9am to 12 midday both days.
We ask that you call ahead to let us know you’re coming– free phone 0508 SEX HEALTH (0508 739 432).
You can expect from our service:
- Friendly non-judgmental health workers
- Confidential service and confidential storage of your health information
- Your personal details will not be given to anyone without your consent
- Anonymous testing – your tests do not have your full name and identifying details on them
- Prompt results, given to you via phone, text or in person
- Free treatment and follow-up, counselling, education and advice
- Professional, up to date doctors and nurses with specialised training
You need to have a sexual health check:
- If you or your partner have other sexual partners
- If you notice pain on passing urine or during sex
- If you have lumps or sores on the genital area, an unusual discharge, rash, itchiness or smell, or if your sexual partner has these symptoms
- If you have had unsafe sex (sex without a condom)
- If you are worried for any reason
Important things to remember about your sexual health:
- You may have a sexually transmitted infection (STI) without having any symptoms
- Some STIs can affect fertility in men and women
- STIs can be transferred from a mother to her baby and cause problems during pregnancy or after birth
- Being in a long term relationship is no guarantee you can't have an STI as you can have an STI for months or years
Phone us on 0508 SEX HEALTH (0508 739 432)
The Sexual Health Clinic is located at 188 Powderham Street, New Plymouth.
Last updated: Thursday, April 2, 2020