Taranaki is at Traffic Light setting Orange
As of Monday 9 May 2022, the current Visitor Policy for Taranaki Base and Hāwera hospital is all visitors are welcome to see their loved ones in hospital any day of the week, but we ask you to respect our visiting hours of 2pm to 8pm. Parents and caregivers are able to visit our children’s ward at any time.
Visiting, support people and whānau to specialty areas, ED, ICU, Neonatal, Mental Health Rimu, Maternity or departments with COVID-19 patients will be arranged for that specific area.
If a support person or whānau need to be able to attend ward rounds, discussions or be available on compassionate grounds, our clinical nurse managers will help facilitate this.
Security Guards remain on our entrances to meet and greet patients and visitors and carry out COVID-19 screening. Please sign in with the guard, sanitise your hands, wear a face covering and social distance where possible.
If you’re feeling unwell please stay at home and connect with your loved ones in hospital via technology if you can. Our hospital patients have access to free Wi-Fi thanks to PRIMO, so get on the phone or send them a message instead - help keep our hospitals free of any extra illness.
What you need to know:
- Please visit during normal hours (2pm-8pm for wards, for a full list click here)
- Wear a face covering at all times
- Keep 2 metre distancing
- Do not visit or attend appointments if you’re unwell, reschedule for when you’re feeling better
- COVID-19 screening will take place at hospital entrances by our security staff
- Find out where COVID-19 testing centers are here
- Taranaki Base Hospital main building entrances: To access the main building at Taranaki Base Hospital please use one of the following entrances - main entrance, red path entrance, Tukapa Street entrance or the main maternity entrance. Other entrances are currently closed for public access. See our Base Hospital map to locate these entrances.
Hospital visiting hours
WARD 2A, 3A, 3B, 4A, 4B
2pm - 8pm
Monday - Sunday
CHILDREN’S WARD (WARD 2B)
Open visiting for immediate family/caregiver only
General visiting 2pm - 8pm
Monday - Friday 3pm - 8pm
Saturday - Sunday 10am - 8pm
INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
Open visiting for Immediate family only
However no visiting between 12pm - 2pm
SEXUAL HEALTH CLINIC
Ph 0508 SEX HEALTH (0508 739 432), 188 Powderham Street New Plymouth
Monday 6pm - 8pm
Tuesday & Friday 9am - 12pm
Te Rangimarie Hospice, 5 David Street
Open visiting for families, general visiting 10am - 7pm daily
Last updated: Monday, May 9, 2022