Taranaki DHB podiatry services are available for people with active foot complications or high-risk feet, particularly those with diabetes.
The service also offer care and support for those with current and or past foot problems.
Services that the Foot Protection Service provide:
- Annual foot checks for people with diabetes
- Community clinics in New Plymouth, Waitara, Stratford
- Foot health education sessions e.g. Diabetes NZ
- Outpatient clinics at Taranaki Base and Hāwera hospitals
- Specialist lower limb wound multi-disciplinary clinic, with wound care specialist nurse and vascular team
- Multi-disciplinary team case review meetings
If you are already a patient of the Foot Protection Service and would like to speak to a podiatrist or to make an appointment, please ring the administrator on 753 7748, if you go through to the answer machine leave your telephone number and name so that you can be called back.
Taranaki DHB Foot Protection Service is dedicated to improving the diabetes foot health across Taranaki.
People can be referred by any health professional, kamahi hauora, to the service via the Community Health Integration Centre also known as CHIC.
If you are making a CHIC referral please review the link to the risk stratification table to ensure the referral has all the information needed for accurate triage of the person you are referring.
Last updated: Monday, December 13, 2021