Treatment and Cost
Treatment may involve the following:
- Exercise programmes/prescription
- Joint mobilisation
- Lifestyle advice
- Education on injury prevention
- Soft tissue mobilisation
- Group rehabilitation classes
- Hydrotherapy (Taranaki Base Hospital)
- Hand wound care and dressings
- Assessment/eligibility for specialised equipment
There is no charge for physiotherapy at Taranaki Base Hospital and Hawera Hospital.
Treatment is either funded by ACC or the Ministry of Health depending on your condition. Some cost may be involved if you wish to purchase specialised equipment such as Orthotics.
Tuesday, May 22, 2018