The Audiology Department is situated on Level 3 at Taranaki Base Hospital, adjacent to the ward block.
Taranaki DHB Audiology Services are accessed by referral for people who meet TDHB criteria for publically-funded services. Services provided are:
- Paediatric diagnostic assessments.
- Adult diagnostic test requests from ENT specialist, GP or other approved referrers.
- Diagnostic testing of babies referred from the Universal Newborn Hearing Screening and Early Intervention Programme.
- Targeted follow up assessments for young children referred from the Universal Newborn Hearing Screening and Early Intervention Programme.
- Therapy and the provision of hearing aids for preschoolers, children and young people up to the age of 21 if in primary, secondary or tertiary education.
- Hearing aids for adults with complex needs aged over 16 years who have:
- severe long term hearing loss since childhood or
- had onset of sudden and severe hearing loss during adulthood or
- a dual disability (such as deaf/blind or hearing loss and intellectual disability).
Our rehabilitation service includes a minor repair service for TDHB clients and the supply of hearing aid accessories.
Audiology clinics are held four days per week and the department is open from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Phone 06 753 7748
Links and resources:
Friday, August 30, 2019