Welcome to Te Whatu Ora | Health New Zealand - Taranaki
Te Whatu Ora
is the new national organisation delivering health care services across Aotearoa New Zealand.
Te Whatu Ora will be working closely with
Te Aka Whai Ora (the new Māori Health Authority) and the Ministry of Health over the next two or three years to deliver a people-centred, equitable, accessible and cohesive service that will be nationally planned, regionally delivered, and locally tailored.
For more information go to tewhatuora.govt.nz
Taranaki is at Traffic Light setting Orange
As of Monday 9 May 2022, the current Visitor Policy for Taranaki Base and Hāwera hospital is all visitors are welcome to see their loved ones in hospital any day of the week, but we ask you to respect our visiting hours of 2pm to 8pm. Parents and caregivers are able to visit our children’s ward at any time.
Visiting, support people and whānau to specialty areas, ED, ICU, Neonatal, Mental Health Rimu, Maternity or departments with COVID-19 patients will be arranged for that specific area.
If a support person or whānau need to be able to attend ward rounds, discussions or be available on compassionate grounds, our clinical nurse managers will help facilitate this.
Security Guards remain on our entrances to meet and greet patients and visitors and carry out COVID-19 screening. Please sign in with the guard, sanitise your hands, wear a face covering and social distance where possible.
If you’re feeling unwell please stay at home and connect with your loved ones in hospital via technology if you can. Our hospital patients have access to free Wi-Fi thanks to PRIMO, so get on the phone or send them a message instead - help keep our hospitals free of any extra illness.
What you need to know:
- Please visit during normal hours (2pm-8pm for wards, for a full list click here)
- Wear a face covering at all times
- Keep 2 metre distancing
- Do not visit or attend appointments if you’re unwell, reschedule for when you’re feeling better
- COVID-19 screening will take place at hospital entrances by our security staff
- Find out where COVID-19 testing centers are here
- Taranaki Base Hospital main building entrances: To access the main building at Taranaki Base Hospital please use one of the following entrances - main entrance, red path entrance, Tukapa Street entrance or the main maternity entrance. Other entrances are currently closed for public access. See our Base Hospital map to locate these entrances.