Oranga Kai:Oranga Pumau (Healthy Eating:Healthy Action)
Healthy Eating - Healthy Action, Oranga Kai- Oranga Pumau (HEHA) is a national framework to improve nutrition, increase physical activity and reduce obesity. The vision is to encourage an environment and society where individuals, families, whanau and communities are supported to eat well, live physically active lives, and maintain a healthy body weight. The HEHA strategy recognises that to improve nutrition, increase physical activity and reduce obesity, the work needs to be wide-ranging. Input and collaboration is needed at all levels – (national, regional), in the community and homes - and across all sectors.
For application and flyer information on Oranga Kai Oranga Pumau click here.
- Eat a variety of nutritious foods
- Eat less fatty, salty, sugary foods
- Eat more vegetables and fruits
- Fully breastfeed infants for at least six months
- Be active every day for at least 30 minutes in as many ways as possible
- Add some vigorous exercise for extra benefit and fitness
- Aim to maintain a healthy weight throughout life
- Promote and foster the development of environments that support healthy lifestyles.
For more information contact:
Last updated: Friday, August 10, 2012