For New Plymouth Base Services click here
- Inpatient Ward reception can be phoned on 06 278 9906.
- The inpatient ward has medical, post surgery rehabilitation, palliative and Assessment Treatment & Rehabilitation services.
- Visiting is encouraged between the hours of 2pm to 8pm every day.
- We have a Whaiora/Family Room available for families of patients in the Ward. Phone (06) 278 7109 and ask for the Whaiora pager to be be activated.
The Emergency Department operates 24 hours.
- Phone Emergency Department reception on 06 278 9933.
- Patients have their priority assessed by a trained triage nurse so more urgent cases can be seen before less urgent cases (which may have to wait at busy times).
In an emergency ring Ambulance 111
- Maternity reception can be phoned on 06 278 9911.
- Maternity handles normal deliveries and accepts mothers and babies from Taranaki Base Hospital after caesarian births.
- Mothers may be cared for by local LMC midwives and GP obstetrician.
- Visiting hours for Maternity are from 2pm to 8pm, daily. Family members can visit at any reasonable time.
- We have visiting Specialists who see patients as arranged by their Doctor.
- We have a Respiratory Educator, a Cardiac Educator and a Diabetes Nurse Specialist.
- Our Dietitian is here Mondays and Thursdays.
- A Family Planning clinic is held on Thursdays. Phone 06 278 9929. Family Planning in New Plymouth can make an appointment for you. Phone 06 759 8269.
- The Dental Unit is open on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. Phone 06 278 9929 extn 6850.
- Women’s Health Clinics are held bi-monthly. Phone 06 278 9929.
- The Day Surgery Unit is run from outpatients.
- The mobile surgical bus service visits approximately every five weeks to perform minor surgeries. This is arranged through outpatients.
- Outpatients is open Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm.
Physiotherapy / Occupational Therapy
- Phone Occupational Therapy on 06 278 9924
- Phone Physiotherapy on 06 278 9903
- Open Monday to Friday, from 8am to 4.30pm
- Community Mental Health is open Monday to Friday, 8am to 4.30pm. Phone 06 278 9917.
- Child & Adolescent Health workers see people by appointment. Phone 06 278 9928.
- A Paediatrician is onsite weekly to see people by appointment.
- A Paediatric Community Nurse is onsite from Monday to Friday. Phone 06 278 9929 extn 6954.
- The Public Health Nurses have an office at the hospital. You can leave a message on 06 278 9939.
- Kamahi Hauora/Maori Health can be contacted on on 06 278 7109 extn 6707.
- We have a Speech Therapist onsite weekly. Phone 06 278 7109 extn 6725.
- Social Workers visit regularly. Phone 06 278 9926.
- A Vision and Hearing technician is here also. Phone 06 278 7109 extn 6823 to leave a message.
- LabCare reception is open 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Phone 06 278 9909.
- The closest parking to the laboratory is at the front of the hospital.
- Fulford Radiology is open 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Phone 06 278 9901.
- The closest parking to Xray is at the front of the hospital.
District Nursing / Palliative Care
- District Nursing has an office near Xray. District Nurses see people by referral. You can phone 06 278 7109 extn 6806 to leave a message.
- Hospice/Palliative Care has an office near Xray. You can phone 06 278 7109 extn 6702 to leave a message.
- Open daily from 8am to 6.30pm.
- Chaplaincy services are available.
- Parking is at the front of the hospital for most areas. There is also parking at the north side of the hospital for the Emergency Department, Inpatient Ward and Maternity.
- Wheelchairs are at the main entrance of the hospital for the public to use.
- Hawera Hospital is smokefree.
Last updated: Friday, May 11, 2012