Professional Resources and Links

<< Previous | Home

To enable you to practice in New Zealand you are required to be registered with an associated professional board or council and hold a current New Zealand Practising Certificate.

You will need a work permit and be registered for an IRD number. We have provided the links you need for your professional and employment requirements.

Government Links for Employment Requirements

Dental Council of New Zealand

Dietitians Board

Inland Revenue Department

Medicine Council of New Zealand

Medical Laboratory Science Board

Midwifery Council

NZ Immigration Service

Professional registration links
Medical Council of NZ

New Zealand Nursing Council

NZ Audiological Society
P O Box9724
Newmarket, Auckland
Ph +64-9-625 1654

NZ Speech Therapy Association

NZ Dental Therapists Association
33 TelstraPlace
Beachaven, Auckland

New Zealand Anaesthetic Technicians Society

New Zealand Psychologists Board

New Zealand Speech-language Therapists' Association

Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand

Pharmaceutical Society of New Zealand
P O Box11640
Ph +64-4-802 0030
Fax +64-4-382 9297.

Pharmacy Council of New Zealand

Podiatrists Board of New Zealand

The Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand

For details on how to apply to these boards, please contact the Registration Boards Secretariat at the address below, specifying which board, e.g. Dietitians Board, Medical Laboratory Technologists Board, Medical Radiation Technologists Board, Medical Radiation Technologists Board, Occupational Therapists Board, Psychologists.

Registration Boards Secretariat
P O Box 10 140
Ph (64) 4 4997979
Fax(64) 4 4722350

Last updated: Wednesday, November 21, 2012

DHB - About Us | Contact Us | Find Us | Sitemap | Disclaimer | Ministry of Health | | Taranaki DHB Private Bag 2016 New Plymouth 4342 | © 2010