Services offered by Taranaki DHB's Hospital Pharmacy Department include:
- Clinical Ward Pharmacy - medicines reconcilliation, medicine therapy assessment, promoting quality, safe, cost effective therapy to ensure the best outcomes for the patient and the organisation.
- Maintenance of clinical treatment guidelines, including antibiotic guidelines and reserve antibiotic procedures.
- Maintenance of the Taranaki DHB's Preferred Medicine List (PML).
- Medicine utilisation information.
- Pharmaceutical Supply - provision of all inpatient medication.
- Sterile (e.g. TPN, eye drops) and non-sterile manufacturing.
- Chemotherapy supply.
- Provision of Pharmacy bulletins.
The Hospital Pharmacy is not able to do outpatient dispensing.
New Service Model for Community Pharmacy
Under the new Pharmacy Services Agreement, which started on 1 July 2012, Taranaki DHB along with the other 19 DHBs are looking to see a stronger emphasis on community pharmacist services to patients with higher needs through the development of a three-tiered service and funding model.
Click here to go to our Document Library
Taranaki DHB's Hospital Pharmacy Department is located on level 1, in the main corridor, for the provision of inpatient medication.
Monday, December 17, 2012