E pewhea ana to ora? How's your health? newsletters:
E anga ake ana te titiro ki te tihi o Taranaki.
Koia hoki he tongi e tataki mai i te tangata i tua o kō atu.
Koia tēnei he reo maioha noa e tataki mai i a koutou ki tata o kō mai.
Nau mai e rarau ki tēnei kainga, ki tēnei rounga mahara ki te hunga ora,
e noho nei hei marae whakatakoto kōrero mā tātou.
Tēnā whakatau mai ki Taranaki nei, ki tēnei ahu hauora.
Taranaki whanui he rohe oranga.
Turning your gaze upon the peak of Taranaki.
Standing prominent a reference point for people travelling from beyond our region.
This acknowledgement also stands prominent as a reference point for you all who have come close.
Come forth and be settled within this environment, within this merging of ideas regarding life, functioning as open ground upon which statements may be made and heard.
Give consideration to this welcome of Taranaki, this pursuit of health.
Taranaki together, a healthy community.
Na Ruakere Hond
Te Ati Awa, Ngati Ruanui
The Taranaki DHB Maori Health Team is involved in strategic policy development and advice, providing support to patients and their whanau and for guiding tikanga within DHB.
The team has a wide sphere of influence throughout Taranaki DHB provider arm and in the Planning and Funding environment.
TE MATAKITE MAORI HEALTH PLAN
Some of the projects the team is involved in are:
- Championed the development and implementation of policy to guide the collection of reliable ethnicity data
- Development and implementation of the Taranaki Maori Workforce Strategy
- Provide Treaty of Waitangi awareness workshops and training on tikanga
- Review policies and procedures in Taranaki DHB to ensure they are responsive to Maori
- Coordinating Emergency Management Planning for Maori
- Managing and reducing chronic disease
- Working with the Maori health sector to build and deliver on the Taranaki Maori Health Strategy
The Maori Health Team leads Taranaki DHB’s engagement and relationships with local Maori and Iwi. Furthermore we are involved in a number of initiatives aimed at increasing the DHB’s Maori responsiveness.
The Maori Health Team Kaimahi Hauora support Maori patients and their whanau and are involved in other areas such as delivering Tikanga Recommended Best Practice Training as well as contributing to staff inductions and Nurses Annual Refreshers.
Maori Health is located near David Street. View Base Hospital maps.
Phone 753 6139 ext 8826
Fax 06 753 8682
Click here for information on all Maori Health doucments and Application forms
Thursday, January 25, 2018