What to Bring
On coming to hospital we suggest that you bring the following items (where appropriate):
- Toiletries - e.g. soap, talcum powder, electric razor (in good repair)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Comb and hairbrush
- Pyjamas/nightdress or other nightwear (light and loose fitting)
- Dressing gown and slippers
- Comfortable clothing i.e. underwear, T- shirt, track pants
- Reading and writing material
- Small change for newspaper
- Coins for the telephone
- Medications (pills and medicines you are currently taking)
We accept no responsibility for personal property. Please ensure this is covered by personal insurance. Patients are encouraged to send personal property including valuables, jewellery and important documents home with relatives.
All electrical equipment must be checked by the hospital Electrical Department before it can be used. Electrical equipment testing will be arranged by your nurse. Please ask the Nurse Manager before bringing a television set into the ward. Any radios must be used with headphones.
Know where you're going?
Click here to view Taranaki DHB maps.
Last updated: Monday, May 13, 2019